Friday, January 25, 2008

Goodbyes...

And so it's time to say goodbye... after 6 years (almost to the month) of being with the Planned Parenthood family, I'm packing my bag (clearing my desk) and moving to another part of the women's movement. I'm literally and metaphorically just moving to another part of the neighborhood and I'm taking plenty of friends with me.

Though, my real loss is going to be all of the development officers from all over the country whom I've gotten to know over the years. I was a part of committees, headed a conference and worked on mentoring new development officers. Not everyone will miss me - that's for sure. I've been a pain-in-the-ass for some people. But I've also been really great friends with others.

Tonight will be drinks (but not too many) and tomorrow will be just another weekend before I start a new job.

It's been a great 6 years! I can't wait for my next adventures!

Some highlights:
*Organizing 5,000+ for the March for Women's Lives
*The Power of Women photography auction
*Chic for Choice
*increasing donations by 25% in one of our toughest fundraising years.
*Lobbying
*Counter protesting, raising tons of $$ of protesters - yeah!
*my SUPERvisor Nanci & my pal Teri
*being part of such a fantastic movement and learning more about social justice in general
*Choice
*my friends across the nation
*understanding the role we can all play in a movement
*better understanding for empathy, compassion and social justice
*making a difference
*change


some comments from some of my pals across the country...

Best wishes and hugs – you will be missed! Connie (her real name)

Congratulations, Michelle! Looks like I’m losing my development buddies north and south today… weird. Hope you transition smoothly and successfully into your new digs. Lemme know if I can be of any help here in Pdx.
Liz

Congratulations, Michelle! Thanks for all you have contributed to PP! Best,Sherry

Michelle,Good luck with your new venture! They are lucky to have you.Christie

Michelle,Congratulations! It sounds like a terrific opportunity, but we will miss you -- DOC conferences just won't be the same...All the very best,Debbie

Michelle, You will be missed! Best of luck with your new position. Anne

Hi Michelle,
Wishing you every success in your new job. The Women’s Law Center is lucky to have you – I know you’ll be doing great things for them, just as you’ve done for Planned Parenthood.
All the best,
Mar


Congratulations Michelle!!! that is so exciting, Ms. Director. Good luck - I will miss seeing you at DOC (if I get to go this year...). -Amy


SOOOO delighted to hear you are moving on up!I will miss your creativity, dedication and enthusiasm. Take that with you and nothing can stop you!I wish you the best and hope you can keep in touch.Is your new group from 5 contiguous states and will you have to travel to all?

I got to the NW over the Thanksgiving holiday and was so very impressed! Lovely territory.I went through Seattle and spent time with my brother in Bend OR.Hugs and cheers right back to you!Suzie - And thanks for all your efforts for PP in Ohio and WW!

Michelle –
You will be missed! It’s been a pleasure to work with you. Best of luck on your new endeavors!
John

No comments: