Friday, September 07, 2007

100 Million Details...

And if you had a magnifying glass in my life you might notice a couple of things that might pass by unnoticed...

My knees are better - I can touch both heals to butt, which if you're use to being able to do this regularly, it's a pretty big, fantastic deal. I can't say that the idea of falling on them is appealing at all but skating, which I've been doing lightly, feels so much better.

Phase II, is the HIV Trial Unit I recently joined. I'm actually in my second month of the vaccine and the most reaction I've had is a dream that my RN, David, pulled all of "us" (I don't know any of the other participants) into a room to tell us that the vaccine wasn't working and the trial was over. That was a dream. It's been pretty easy and I am just hoping beyond belief that this is going to create a positive response. We so need a vaccine...

Derby Girl of the Month - who knew there was such a thing and who knew I would get it! I was completely surprised and flattered - when they were reading the description of the recipient I was thinking, she is great! Ha. I'm honored and thrilled.

The Poor Earth... a friend and I were watching a public TV show about penguins - two icebergs collided and all of these penguins died (read:global warming). Some were crushed, but many more got stuck in deep crevasses and died of starvation and cold - they can't just climb out of deep holes. It was a very sad show and it lead to many conversations about what we can do for the "poor poor Earth". My roommate is getting rid of her penguin killing car (bad emissions); I'm thinking of going back to being a vegetarian (low meat diet); a bunch of us are working on NOT procuring plastic bags... two hurricanes on the same day. Come on, something is going on... and there is something we should try to do about it.

It's all in the details...

No comments: