Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Day!

Yeah! I got a snow day today! I don't think I've had one since high school (we didn't even get one in Iowa when a state of emergency had been declared with -20 degree weather and -40 windchill.) It wasn't actually that bad in the city of Seattle - side streets were ice rinks at best. The main roads were clear. But just outside the city, it was horrible with cars abandoned on the side of the road, people parked at the end of their street because they couldn't get up the hill (especially Queen Anne Hill!)

I called the emergency weather number for work and then crawled back into bed. I went to the gym, had lunch with a friend, bought holiday cards at Target and talked on the phone for a hour with Rebecca, knitting, hanging out with kitties.... it might have been a perfect snow day. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The perfect snow day...ever...I can smell the hot chocolate and hear the kitties purring all the way to sunny and driving with my top down in Ohio!