Sunday, November 19, 2006


Absurd

Jon Stewart made a very funny (surprise) comment on the Daily Show the day after the 2004 presidential elections... it went like this: I woke up this morning and found myself beaten up and naked alone in some random parking lot. What happened? I felt the exact same way this week. It turns out, though it would be pretty obvious to guess because of a lack of posting, I didn't make a team for Rat City. I didn't even make the wait list. I went from one of the top skaters in my practice group to beaten up, naked in a parking lot (figuratively). I am not going to even guess what happened.

Though because I'm an optimist, what came out of it was proof of incredible support (and utter disbelief) from my old friends at home, my new friends, colleagues, coaches, and skate buddies here in Seattle. This week I celebrate a year of being in this new town and I'm happy to have so much love and support.

I guess my string of good luck got tangled up... in someone's skates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year Anniversary of a long drive across this country, a new job, new friends, and weeeeeeeeeeeeee! You're the best of any string theory.

xo harping