Monday, January 23, 2006

We're going to Disney World - I mean the Super Bowl!

The Seattle Seahawks did the damn near impossible yesterday and won a play-off game that is sending them to the Super Bowl in Detroit. The city of course is completely shocked. In the Seahawks thirty years of existence they have never gone this far. Yes, yes, I even found myself at a play-off party at Pyg's house...

Why? You may ask. Because it's a huge phenomenon here. Jon told me when I moved to Seattle "Well, at least you're already use to loosing teams. We don't win anything here." Then as the Seahawks kept winning, he was in disbelief "We must just be lucky." Or "talented," I would say, "maybe Seattle has actually put together a strong team." "No, this never happens."

Even when the Seahawks were leading by a vast margin in the 4th quarter, only then did the participants at Pyg's party start to believe it was happening. It was kind of exciting - watching their disbelief clear up like a misty Seattle morning.

"You moved to Seattle and we're going to the Super Bowl. You brought us luck." Jon mentioned at the end of the evening. "No, remember I come from another city with no Super Bowl luck." He paused, "but still, what an exciting year to move to Seattle."

I'll give you that.

No comments: