Thursday, January 05, 2006

A few of my favorite things

Dancing. I love to dance! I went to the Century Ballroom tonight with the guy with whom I salsaed in the New Year. There was a free class that we were late to and then open, fantastic, salsa dancing. Early on, it was just the people first learning out in the ballroom but then the great, fancy, fast, highly skilled, funny, sexy, fabulous dancers started to appear.

Note: I started dancing in college. (I wanted to dance when I was younger but my mother said "go play soccer with your brothers). I fell in love with salsa along with the boyfriend who exposed me to it. I took this love back to Cleveland and fell into a group of absolutely wonderful people, world travelers and xenophiles who became a great group of friends. After Peace Corps, I came back to Cleveland and becoming a samba dancer where I met another group of crazily wonderful people. And so I take this love to Seattle. Dancing is a good thing - for me.

I took my friend out to the dance floor and wanted to be dancing like the rest of them - but I was with a beginner tonight - which is fine too - we're all beginners at everything at some point and need someone to help us along.

Other favorite things
my peanuts, my small family, my kitty friends, traveling, writing, my human friends, snowy mountains, knitting, snowy sidewalks, sleds, generousity, my vrooom vrooom car, board games, books, movies, orange, flowers, trees, oxgyen, love, blankets, coffee, yougert, compassion, grapefruits, people, silliness, pale ales, rollerblading, french, wind, pepper, lipstick, music and many, many other things.

*many of my least favorite things are on the news every night and i don't need to tell you about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear hot salsa,
when do you move? i will be minerva at nanci's tomorrow and will leave early sunday for ca and friends. a yearly respite trek in the mountains.
just wanted to tell you that 24 years ago i bought what is still my favorite sweater. it is...orange. one of my favorite colors...like the scarf a budding playwrite handed to me as she drove into the west.